Choose which steps to follow depending on which version of Android you're using.
Option 1: Android 5.1 and above
- Try to swipe across the notification to get rid of it. The notification will either be dismissed, or shift to the side and a cog icon will appear.
- Tap the cog to the see the app's notification settings.
- You can turn off notifications for this app by tapping the switch. When it turns grey, notifications have been disabled.
- If you want to change the notification without completely removing it, tap More settings. You can disable the notification sound, and whether this notification will appear on the lock screen.
Go back to the Home screen and it should be gone.
Option 2: Older versions of Android
- Try to swipe the notification to get rid of it. If it won't go away, press and hold on it and the 'App info' shortcut will appear.
- Choose Force stop.
- A warning will pop-up, just tap OK.
Now, when you head back to the home screen, the notification should be gone.