Hidden features revealed...
You’ve just bought yourself a new Samsung Galaxy S9. Well done, you. It’s a fantastic device with a stunning Super AMOLED display, and a dual aperture camera that takes beautiful photos in any setting. Make it even better, and add your own personal touch with these Galaxy S9 tips and tricks.
Sort your apps by alphabetical order
The Samsung Galaxy S9 has lots of space for apps. Make them easier to find by arranging them in alphabetical order.
1. Tap the Apps icon on your homescreen.
2. Hit the menu button on the top right and select Sort.
3. Select Alphabetical order
Use Edge lighting notifications
Like on all Galaxy devices, the S9 has an Edge screen. You can make the edges of your S9 light up whenever you receive a call or message. So, if your phone is face down on your desk you won’t miss a thing.
1. Head to settings and select Edge screen.
2. Select Edge lighting
3. Now choose which type of lighting you want, and which apps you want to be notified about
Get the most from the Dolby Atmos surround sound
The S9 has Dolby Atmos surround sound for audio quality much better than your previous phone. Customise the listening experience to make your favourite songs, or movies sound better.
1. Go to Settings and select Sounds and Vibration.
2. Tap on Sound quality and effects.
3. Choose from Auto, Movie, Music or Voice settings.
The Movie setting is best for TV shows and films. The Music setting makes audio sound richer and more balanced. Voice makes speech sound loud and clear. Selecting Auto lets your S9 choose what it thinks is best.
Activate the always on display
Activate the always on display so you can see the time, or notifications with a quick glance of your phone. It’s handy for when you’re at your desk.
1. Go to settings. And then Lock screen and security.
2. Select Always on display and switch it on.
Lock screen and security > always on display and switch it on. You can toggle the display to always be on, or have it on between a site time, such as when you’re at your desk at work.
Make videos look better
The Super AMOLED display is one of the best seen on any smartphone. Videos on it look stunning, but you can make them look even better by activating the video enhancer mode. Switching it on makes videos look brighter, and images appear richer in colour.
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap on Advanced features
3. Scroll down and select Video enhancer
Got any favourite Samsung Galaxy S9 tips you’d like to share? Then drop us a comment below. Perhaps you’re aching to get your hands on one. If so, just head over to Carphone Warehouse to order your very own Galaxy S9.