…and do you really need that much?
In today’s digital age, we consume more online content than ever before. We can’t stop binging Netflix, we can’t help checking Facebook at least once an hour, and everything we do must be documented on Snapchat.
And to make all this internet-gorging possible we need a lot of data. Thankfully, there are now huge tariffs available to accommodate this. But how much is 30GB of data, really? Is it a lot?
The mega bundles
Some of the most renowned networks in the UK offer giant data bundles for those who want to do more online with their smartphones. The likes of Vodafone, EE, and Virgin offer sizeable packages to make sure you’re never left without the ability to send a tweet.
Let’s see what you could do with each of their largest data allowances…
Virgin – 20GB p/m
Virgin’s 20GB bundle may be the smallest of the lot, but it’s still a substantial amount of data to get through in a month. With this much, you could be looking at…
- About 6 consecutive hours of HD quality Netflix
- An entire week of high quality Spotify music
- Over 30 million WhatsApp messages
- 30,000 Facebook photo uploads
- Around two weeks of Snapchat Story viewing
Check out Virgin’s pay monthly SIM deals here.
EE – 30GB p/m
Right in the middle of the road is EE’s 30GB data bundle – this article’s namesake. It’s a whole lot of data, and you could do the following with it…
- Binge about 10 hours of HD quality Netflix films
- Stream about 10 days of high quality Spotify
- Send about 45 million WhatsApp messages
- Upload over 45,000 photos to Facebook
- Indulge in over three weeks of Snapchat Stories
Check out EE’s pay monthly SIM deals here.
Vodafone – 40GB p/m
This is a comically large amount of monthly data, and more likely suited to someone who would be tethering other devices from it. You might use this SIM Only deal for powering a Mi-Fi device, letting smartphones and tablets connect to your portable Wi-Fi network.
Over the month you could enjoy:
- About 13 consecutive hours of HD quality Netflix
- Two weeks of high quality Spotify tunes
- Sending over 60 million WhatsApp messages
- Uploading 60,000 photos to Facebook
- Watching over 30 days of Snapchat Stories
Check out Vodafone’s pay monthly SIM deals here.
Got any questions? Drop us a comment below and we’ll get right back to you.